Followers

Thursday 6 March 2014

Moody Blue @ MAWTT


Good morning my crafty friends,
Hope you are all well and enjoying the start of spring.

There's a new challenge starting over at
The lovely Debs is hosting the challenge this week and has chosen
MOODY BLUES
and has given us this mood board to get those creative juices flowing
 So we would like to see your blue coloured creations.
I do not find colour themed challenges easy. But at the end of the day it's supposed to be a challenge, and if we found every theme easy it wouldn't be a challenge, would it?

I started by getting all the blue papers out of my scrap box and decided which ones I was going to use. I chose a 'Stamping Bella Uptown Girl' image called 'Victoria and Juliette's Night Out', I do like this image, so many possibilities. This time I decided to paper piece the dresses & the rest of the image was coloured with markers & a little chalk. I used glossy accents on the glasses & blue frantage powder round the image. All layers have been mounted onto a pearly black card which was also used to die cut the border (spellbinder) leaves (MB). The flowers have been die cut/punched (crafts too, friskars punch) out of a vellum and  a mixture of pearls & gems have been added to the centres.

I hope you will join in the challenge this week.



17 comments:

Judith said...

I loved this when I first saw it Carole - the image is fab - I'm going to have to have that one. Your card is gorgeous the flowers, paper piecing- everything just comes together so well hugs Judith x

Debs said...

What a stunner Carole - I love everything about it - the gorgeous image - so perfectly paper pieced and the beautiful flowers. Perfect in every detail.
Have a fab day.
Debs xx

Patti J said...

Perfection! Love this, Carole...what a fun card! Thanks for sharing :-)

Sarah said...

Smashing card Carole. Great paper piecing, lovely image and the added frantage is lovely too. xx

DesignerDiva said...

I love this image Carole, its one of my favourites and you have made a stunning card with it! the flowers are fab too, right up my street!
Hugs Laurie xx

Anonymous said...

Great card Carole, I love this image and it fits perfect with the challenge theme too!

Vicki x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh for the fact that you found it difficult you nailed it, Brilliant card, Love Hazelxox

Wendy L said...

Fab card Carole, you have done brill for challenge, xxx

Hazel said...

It's beautiful and a great layout too. Hazel L. x

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Carole !!! such a fab image and the paper pieced dresses look fab! I love the scrummy paper and the flowers are very pretty and so perfect for this card!
Hope you are doing ok hun!
Big hugs Sue xx

Claire said...

Love this card Carole, gorgeous image and love the fab layout too. Hugs, Claire x

Pami said...

Great great minds think alike Carole! we both used an uptown girl!! Live your fab card!! P x

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Carole!! I love that fun image and their paper pieced dresses, beautiful flowers too!
Hugs, Tammy

mixamatoasties said...

Love this. Can't go wrong with an Uptown Girl and a fabby colour scheme ;)

Susan xx

Janice said...

Love that stamp and I love this card Carole. Great use of frantage too, it really does add sparkle to your card. I bought the stuff but have never been brave enough to use it in case it mucks up my card! Jx

Unknown said...

Hi Carole, love the Uptown Girls and you've done great with them on this one! The blue / black combo works perfectly as well.

Sarah

kelly ledder said...

Gorgeous!!! I keep seeing Stamping Bella stamps I love them they might be my new weakness!

Kelly x